There are many things that my kids do that make me happy in addition to the things that make me grit my teeth, hold my breath, and close my eyes!
Here are 10 things that my kids do that make me happy to be a mother:
1. Every morning, my 5.5 year old son crawls in bed with me and snuggles up to me just like he did when he was a toddler
2. After waking up and after every dinner, my son says, “Mommy, it’s time for my morning/after dinner hug!”
3. While exercising, my 14 month old daughter will waddle over to me and nuzzle me with her head. This is her way of asking me to cuddle with her.
4. One time, when playing monopoly, my son asked, “Mommy, can I tell you something?” I said, ‘yes’, to which he replied, “I think you’re so beautiful. I love the sound of your voice. I like to sit and listen to it.” I melted.
5. My daughter will say, “baby?” and I say, “Go get your baby!” and the first thing she does when she picks it up is give it a hug and a kiss, just like I do when I pick her up and sing to the tune of This Little Light of Mine, “Who’s my baby girl? You’re my baby girl!”
6. My son will ask me to bake him a cake rather than buy him one at the store.
7. My son says ‘goodnight’ to my pregnant belly every night and kisses his new brother-to-be, nuzzling him with his nose.
8. Both of my children call me ‘mama’. It’s the best sound in the world.
9. When I’m sad, or having an emotional pregnant moment, my son will scratch my back without me asking and just sit with me.
10. When my son needs comforting, he will still lift my shirt, and put his cheek on my bare belly, just like he did when he was a baby.
What are you grateful for? To share, join the OPAL Mom™ Community Forum for FREE and share under Happy Moments!